Peachy Muse Tea Cubes
For those of you who are melting like me this Summer, this one’s for you. I go through approximately five dozen ice cubes a day in the summer, and lately I’ve been experimenting with ways to zhuzh up my ice to make it even cooler ;) Turns out, my favorite ice is also my favorite smoking blend, Muse herbal blend. From my bar cart to yours, here’s my recipe for Peachy Muse Cubes. Don’t have peaches? No problem! Use any fresh fruit you like. Raspberries or blackberries are both on my list to try with this recipe. Let the fruit be your muse.
I like to serve these inspired ice cubes with a splash of bourbon for a deconstructed peachy mint julep or mixed with seltzer and lime for a refreshing and hydrating non-alcoholic summer spritz.
HOW TO MAKE FLAVORED ICE CUBES
- 16g Muse Herbal Blend
- Simple Syrup
- 1 fresh peaches or fruit of your choice cut to fit ice cubes
STEP 1: MAKE MUSE TEA CONCENTRATE
- Steep 8g (half a 16g of Muse Herbal Blend) in 3 cups of boiling water (212 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Turn off heat and let it steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and chill in refrigerator for an hour
STEP 2: MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP
- Combine 1 part sugar or honey to 2 parts boiling water and mix until well combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to use
STEP 3: ASSEMBLE AND FREEZE
- Fill bottom third of your ice tray with simple syrup
- Place a slice of your peach or fruit of choice in each ice cube
- Fill remaining ice tray with Muse tea
- Place in freezer at least 8 hours before use