Airplane Mode "Sunshine Tea"
It’s mid summer and if you’re anything like me, you always have a carafe full of a refreshing chilled beverage to pour over ice. Did you know that Barbari herbal blends make a lovely caffein free tea? Here’s a little recipe from my kitchen notebook detailing how I like to prepare Airplane Mode as a “sunshine tea” (aka Arnold Palmer) in the summer months.
I hope this recipe quenches your thirst and helps you lean into relaxation bliss!
- 16g jar of Airplane Mode Herbal Blend
- 1lb lemons or 1 cup of unsweetened lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
STEP 1: MAKE AIRPLANE MODE TEA CONCENTRATE
- Steep 1 jar (16g) of Airplane Mode Herbal Blend in 2 cups of boiling water (212 degrees fahrenheit) for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain and chill in refrigerator for an hour
STEP 2: MAKE HONEY LEMONADE
- To a blender, add 1 cup of lemon juice (about 1lb worth of lemons if you’re squeezing fresh)
- Add ½ cup of honey (or more
- Add 3 cups of warm water
- Blend for 30-60 seconds to incorporate and dissolve the honey
- Chill in refrigerator for about an hour, or until the tea concentrate is done chilling
STEP 3: MIX IT UP
- Combine 50/50 over ice and enjoy immediately!
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week