Bourbon HIGH by Higher Dining
Barbari is back with another Boozy Blog. On our last tea infusions episode, we showed you how to turn our adaptogenic hibiscus tea into a delicious, refreshing, smoky mezcal cocktail. This month we’re spotlighting the Bright Ideas Green Tea, and invited duo sisters from Higher Dining to create a one of a kind custom cocktail. Perfect for these transitional days, we’re combining a hint of summer: lemony green tea, with some autumnal vibes: bourbon and cinnamon. Turn up our latest playlist (also dedicated to the Bright Idea Tea) as you follow the instructions below to recreate this intoxicating glory!
- .75 oz Bright Idea Simple Syrup (steep Barbari Tea bag with 1/2 cup of boiling water and 1/2 cup of honey or sugar)
- .5 oz Apple Juice
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Bourbon (we used Bulleit Bourbon)
- Splash of Sparkling Cider
- Garnish with Cinnamon sugar rim, a slice of apple, and cinnamon stick
- Add all ingredients except sparkling cider to a shaker with ice
- Shake well
- Strain into a martini glass
- Add splash of sparkling cider
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and apple slice.
More On The Chefs // Higher Dining
We are first generation Dominican-Americans born and raised in Harlem, NY. Together, we started Higher Dining as a small dinner series in NYC. My sister Shanelly and I, (Roshelly) love hosting guests, cooking and cannabis. When we first began HD in 2017 we weren’t sure what to expect. Hosting, and cooking are two of our favorite things to do. Add cannabis to it and it’s a party! Growing up we always enjoyed cooking together, looking up different recipes and trying to make them our own. Now, using two of the most communal things in the world – food and cannabis – we bring people together for an experience only we can provide.
Based in New York and Miami, Florida.
Shanelly – @itsshanelly
Roshelly – @roshelly_