Good day, good people of BARBARI. We recently launched a line of adaptogenic hemp infused teas (“scrummy” as our bff Mary Berry would say). Now, these delicious blends of herbal goodness can of course be enjoyed hot or cold. We’re a fan of a fancy cocktail, yet shockingly not so excited about spending $14 or more dollars on one. Since the tea’s are our new fav beverages, we’ve invited a few dear friends and professional chefs to craft original cocktail recipes featuring one of our teas. The first of this series can be found below, with our Hibiscus “Self Centered” Tea.
A little about the Chef:
Meet Liv Vasquez, better known as Livviesmalls, winner of Netflix series “Cooked with Cannabis”. Chef and restaurateur Liv is changing the fine dining space with her craft of cannabis cooking. She creates magical venues with food you can consume with your eyes and mouths.
The Cocktail: “Smokey Selfie”
(Makes two cocktails)
This is a sweet, floral and smoky mezcal cocktail that has notes of citrus, honey and ember.
- 1 Barbari Self Centered Hibiscus and Hemp tea bag (10mg CBD)
- 4oz Mezcal or Smoked tequila
- 6oz orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Orange Blossom Water
- 2oz Honey simple syrup (made with equal parts honey and warm water)
- Orange twist and orange slice to garnish
- Take a cocktail shaker or jar with a tight lid and add a Barbari Self Centered Hemp tea bag, then pour 4oz of Mezcal with the tea bag. Secure the lid tightly on your jar or shaker and then shake until the mezcal is a deep red. That is the hibiscus flower and other herbs of the tea cache infusing into your Mezcal. Let the Mezcal infuse for at least 30 minutes, you could even let it sit overnight.
- For a mocktail: brew self centered tea with 4oz warm water as its own ingredient then add a dash of liquid smoke.
- Once your Mezcal is infused remove the tea bag, and it is time to build your cocktail!
- Fill a highball or tall glass with ice, Then pour 2 oz of your “Barbari Self Centered” infused mezcal, then take an orange peel and twist it over the glass. This will release the natural terpenes and oils from the orange rind into the glass. Next you could add more ice, 1 to 2 oz of the honey simple syrup, a tablespoon of the orange blossom water and then top with two to three ounces of fresh orange juice. Stir with a swizzle spoon or shake in a shaker and strain over fresh ice.
- Taste for sweetness, You can always add more of the honey simple syrup if it isn’t sweet enough, or you can add soda water and more mezcal if it’s too sweet.
- Garnish with an orange slice or a twist, and enjoy!